Our gut is sometimes called our second brain. That gut feeling—an urge or inkling that something feels wrong in your body—is a signal asking you to mind and take action.
Our gut plays a pivotal role in overall health, that’s why recurring symptoms shouldn’t be dismissed. Frequent acid reflux, constipation, diarrhea, or bloating can be tell-tale signs of a gut-related problem. Even fatigue, skin problems, and food allergies can be indicators, too.
While some risk factors like genetics and age are beyond your control, you can still achieve a healthier gut by making more mindful choices. Here are some practical tips to live by:
- Eat less sugar and fats to decrease the bacterial strains linked with metabolic diseases like diabetes and heart problems.
- Eat more probiotics and fiber to lower the risk of irritable bowel syndrome, leaky gut, diarrhea, constipation, food allergies, and other gut-related problems.
- To avoid acid reflux, eat smaller meals more often. Cut down on fatty foods, spicy foods, alcohol, coffee, tea, mint, and chocolate. Eat on schedule, and don’t sleep right after.
- Reduce psychological stress to avoid disruption of intestinal bacteria. Practice meditation, deep breathing, and other exercises that can help you block stressors.
- At least 7 hours of sleep every night can improve mood, mental performance, and gut health. Poor sleep increases the risk of gut inflammation.
- Regular exercise can improve microbiome diversity, which is good for overall health. 150 minutes of exercise weekly is good for weight control and heart health.
- Avoid overuse of antibiotics to prevent antibiotic resistance and microbiota damage. Antibiotics also kill beneficial bacteria, so taking probiotics can help compensate for this.
- Avoid overuse of acid blockers. They eventually disrupt gut balance and affect microbiome diversity over time. Constipation, diarrhea, and vomiting are some of its effects.
Mind Your Supplements
Not all vitamins are created equal. To ensure better gut health, only buy supplements from credible brands. The most essential gut-support products include:
25 billion live microorganisms essential to gut balance and overall health
Fiber-rich supplement to support probiotics and optimize immune function
Helps digest complex carbohydrates and fiber to prevent gas and bloating
Boosts cell recovery and supports gut health by reducing intestinal inflammation
To help you achieve better gut health, our premium supplements contain active ingredients in their most potent and readily useable form. They’re all-natural, free from common allergens, and guaranteed fresh for your safety.
If you want to learn more about the safe & effective use of supplements, you can ask for FREE expert advice from our Vitamin Geeks. They are specialized pharmacists and nutritionists who can answer your questions about the proper practices in taking supplements.
FB Messenger: m.me/biobalanceph
Mobile/Viber: 0917 866 2689
For a more convenient way to shop supplements, try our vitamin delivery professionally packed, handled, and shipped to ensure quality and safety.
Shipping Fee starts at Php 80.00 for orders within Metro Manila. For deliveries outside Metro Manila, please contact us directly.
Brock, Genevieve. 2019 “Gut Health Supplements – Do You Know Which Ones Are Right For You?” Body Energy Club. Retrieved October 16, 2020 (https://www.bodyenergyclub.com/blogs/news/gut-health-supplements-do-you-know-which-ones-are-right-for-you).
Harvard Health Publishing. 2019. “9 Ways to Relieve Acid Reflux without Medication – Harvard Health.” Harvard Health. Retrieved October 16, 2020 (https://www.health.harvard.edu/digestive-health/9-ways-to-relieve-acid-reflux-without-medication).
Leonard, Jayne 2019. “10 Ways to Improve Gut Health.” MedicalNewsToday.com Retrieved October 16, 2020 (https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/325293).
Madell, Robin. 2014. “OTC GERO Treatments: A Look at the Options.” Healthline. Retrieved October 16, 2020 (https://www.healthline.com/health/gerd/over-the-counter)
Morris, Seth. 2018. “Learn about 15 Supplements for Leaky Gut Including 3 Key Essential Oils.” Zyto.Com Retrieved October 16, 2020 (https://www.zyto.com/15-supplements-for-leaky-gut).